If you know of a new advisor who has gone above and beyond this year, nominate them using the above form! One new advisor will be awarded at the State Leadership Conference!
Outstanding Advisor Award
The Texas Outstanding Advisor Award will be awarded to one advisor per region at the State Leadership Conference. Nominate them using the above form!
The Outstanding Chapter awards those chapters that plan and conduct well-balanced programs of work that support the strategic plans at the state and national level. This award provides an opportunity for chapters, through self evaluation, to receive recognition and to highlight their chapter’s success.
The News Across Texas Award is a rotating plaque that will be presented to the chapter having the most articles posted on the Texas FCCLA website and Teen Times during the 2017-2018 school year.
1. The article will be printed in either Teen Times or posted on the Texas FCCLA website.
2. The articles must reflect local projects related to state and national programs.
3. All articles must be written in third person and include who, what, when, where and how.
4. Articles must be sent in, pictures should be black and white or clear sharp color.
**If you are submitting pictures of your students below the age of 13 you must sign and complete this form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honorary Membership may be awarded to persons who are not active members of Family, Career and community Leaders of America (family and consumer sciences teachers, superintendents, principals, college personnel, past FCCLA members not in high school and other adults in the region). Submit your candidate using the above application.
Distinguished Service Award
The Distinguished Service Award recognizes outstanding contributions and continuing service by individuals whose primary responsibilities are directly related to the organization's programs. Examples of those eligible for the Distinguished Service Award are advisors, city and state supervisors of Family and Consumer Sciences, and teacher educators.
• Nominations may be submitted by: any FCCLA state association, current Executive Council, current Board of Directors
state headquarters staff, an affiliated FCCLA chapter, or an Alumni & Associates member.
• Nominees may be any past member of the Texas FCCLA.
• Nominations must be typed.
• A winner will be selected based on the committee’s evaluation of the given criteria. Committee decisions are final.
• The nominee(s) receiving the highest score will receive recognition.
• For award consideration, nominations must be postmarked by February 1, and sent to FCCLA State Headquarters.
• The winner will be recognized at the State Leadership Conference and is asked to submit a photo for use in the printed program.